Sunday 26 November 2017

Black Friday Glamour, Premium Service, Bubbles and Perfect Hair - The Stuart Holmes Salon

Black Friday is very much a 'love it or hate it' day in the calendar. A manic week in the world of retail, constant emails and busy streets, so when Stuart Holmes asked if I'd take part in their #BlackFridayBloggingWeek, I of course accepted the offer to visit the salon and relax, all the while being treated to a colour refresh, cut, and blow-dry at the hands of the colour experts that are 'Team Holmes'.

The moment you arrive at the salon you feel like a VIP, walking up the red carpet steps and in to the warmth, only to be greeted by smiling staff; it's the beginning of a great experience.
After checking in for my 1.30 appointment, I was offered a refreshment straight away, as the lovely receptionist took my coat and showed me through to the waiting room. At this point I just want to share with you the importance of customer service; I know some people suffer bad hair experiences in their life, much like those who fear the dentist. - Although I have luckily never felt this way, I have had my fair share of hairdressers I wouldn't go back to; Mainly because they aren't accommodating to individual customers. They book appointments, cut hair, and send you on your way expecting you to book again - just another customer through the door. At Stuart Holmes, you are made to feel so important; from the attentiveness of the staff to the salon look and feel, you are there to be treated to a wonderful experience and nothing less.



Hannah collected me from the waiting room (more like a lounge - complete with Christmas tree, sweets and all the gossip magazines you can name.) with my latte on a silver platter - okay tray, but I'm still feeling like a queen at this point!
We talked through my hair colour and what my ideas were; every customer is entitled to a free 10 minute hair consultation ahead of their appointment which would put anyones mind at ease and allows you to be clear on what you want from your appointment.


We chatted away as she applied the foils for my full head of Smartbond highlights, I was offered further refreshments throughout this process, and was provided with several magazines which I didn't even end up reading one page of as we were too busy nattering! I mean, I'll be honest, I'm not the quietest of people so of course we spent the whole time talking, but if you prefer some more 'me time' then the team at the salon happily leave you to read the mags or just chill, as I mentioned before, it's all about you!


After I had sat under the rotating heater (so cool, didn't even have to move seats!) I was ready to have my hair rinsed and washed. Up another flight of beautiful, garland decorated stairs and in to the room filled with sinks. Feet up, height adjusting sinks (no awkward neck pain) and an optional head massage all contributing to the luxurious feel of the salon, even getting your hair washed is glamorous here! Hannah applied a toner at this stage too to bring out the bright ash blonde colour I had asked for. After the allotted time for the toner, apprentice Sam washed my hair with Shu Uemura colour lustre treatment shampoo which they also sell in the salon, ideal for coloured hair - it prevents fading, is sulphate free and balances the hair's natural fibres. - Sam was very knowledgable and talked me through the whole rinse, toner and wash process.

When I returned to my seat in the main part of the salon, my complimentary glass of fizz was waiting for me, if that's not service I don't know what is!


Jacob was cutting my hair for me, so as with the colour part of my appointment, we discussed how I wanted my hair and ideas that would give my hair type the most volume (I mean I didn't think it possible!) I had a little taken off the length, and a shorter look at the front that framed my face how I liked it. He then blow dried it, giving it some amazing volume and added some curls to the back.
I left the salon feeling so happy with my hair and thoroughly relaxed.

I also vlogged my afternoon at the salon which you can watch below to give you a real feel of the salon!;

If you would like to book in with the team for Christmas, you'll have to be quick, you can book online here!
Follow the team on their social platforms for more details of services available;
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

And it wouldn't be Black Friday blogging week without a discount for you all, so here's what's currently on offer;
£10 off your first appointment when you sign up to the newsletter
20% off colour when you book in on a Tuesday for a colour, cut and blow-dry package.
If you are looking to treat someone or yourself this festive season, buy a gift voucher in salon or online now and it can be redeemed between Jan 2018 & Nov 2018 with 20% off your treatment!

Thank you Team Holmes, another happy customer!
L x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Fashion Edit. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig